Shelby Riskin of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology discusses her research on ancient seeds found at the Don River.
- These plants sprouted from century-old seeds buried in Toronto’s Port Lands | October 19, 2023 | CBC News
- Listen to :CBC: Metro Morning | October 19, 2023
More about the discovery:
- U of T researchers studying an ecological time capsule from Toronto Port Lands excavation site | June 17, 2022 | A&S News
- Ancient wetlands and a futuristic island come to Toronto’s Don River | June 27, 2022 | Narwhal
- Unusual plants from 100-year-old seeds make an appearance in Toronto’s Port Lands | April 21, 2022 | Toronto Star
- 100-Year-Old Seeds | April 7, 2022 | Waterfront Toronto