In general, all research that can be undertaken from home must continue to be undertaken remotely. Those who require access to our laboratories for ongoing research will be permitted access to ESC with a number of restrictions following approval by the Chair and the Vice-Dean Research, to a maximum occupancy of 25%. Phase 1 does not indicate that research activity is back to normal levels; some research will be incompatible with the guidelines outlined below. This is the reality. Further, University and EEB guidelines may change rapidly in response to Public Health requirements, thus labs should prepare accordingly and balance the costs of starting up new research with the risk of having to shut down again in the near future, should the pandemic worsen or public health guidance change.
- Only critical staff (growth facilities, IT) will be on site, and for limited hours Administrative staff will not be returning during phase 1
- Faculty should restrict their time in the building to necessary laboratory research and to monitoring the compliance of their research personnel to the University and EEB Phase 1 guidelines.
Graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and research associates
- Graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and research associates should restrict their time in the building to necessary laboratory research.
- Undergraduates should not be entering the building during phase 1, with the exception of paid employees of the University. Paid undergraduate employees, including Work Study, can be included in restart forms, but this should be under exceptional circumstances, and undergraduate employees should be working remotely as much as possible.
- Visitors from other universities should not be entering the building during phase 1.
EEB Access Request Forms (link) need to be completed by faculty, with information about each graduate student, post-doctoral fellow and research associate who they believe requires access to ESC. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows must fill in the attestation form (link), and provide this to PI’s to submit with their request to access forms.