Dr. Paul H.M. Guo
Dr. Paul H. M. Guo was born in Taiwan, 1937. He graduated with a BSc, 1960 and MSc, 1964 from National Taiwan University, Taipei and received his PhD in 1972 from the Technical University of Hanover, Germany.
Dr. Guo had a remarkably diverse career:
- Lecturer, National Taiwan University 1964-67
- Research Scientist, Technical University Hanover 1967-72
- Senior Project Development Engineer, Environment Canada 1972-78
- World Health Organization, Seoul, Korea 1978-84
- WHO Environmental Health Centre, Kuala-Lumpur, Malaysia 1985-88
- Director WHO Western Pacific Regional Environment Health Centre, Kuala Lumpur 1989-96
Dr. Guo retired from HHO, 1996 to his home in Taiwan. His sons Dr. Hans C.T. Huo and Peter Guo felt they had received a good start, both in education and employment, in the Zoology Department. They chose to honour these initiatives by creating a scholarship in the department and in the name of their father.
Help our efforts to educate and train the future designers of environmental sustainability.