The Fine Print for Faculty Advisors & Students
Students are responsible for their own food and laundry expenses. We require that the student be in residence at KSR for the summer, and that a graduate student, post‐doc, or technician who is capable of supervising the award winner be present on site at the start of the project, until the student is self‐sufficient. Faculty advisors are responsible for research user fees, equipment, consumables, and housing costs for the student. KSR will provide an estimate of these costs to advisors prior to awards being made and students being contacted.
- Course requirements, credits, enrollment status, etc. follow the NSERC USRA guidelines
- All U of T students are eligible, regardless of Citizenship or Residency Status
- International students must hold student work visas for the summer
- Minimum GPA: Students must have a minimum GPA of B+ or higher (> 77) to apply, or must indicate in a paragraph extreme circumstances that prevent their transcript from reflecting their true academic merit (e.g., changing majors, learning English or working full time while in school).
- Students may not hold the KSR USRA simultaneously with any other award. If you are also applying for a summer NSERC, UTEA Award, or CGCS award, please inform us. KSR will work with undergraduate administrators in your faculty member’s home department to coordinate on this front.