- Have completed a minimum of two terms at the time of application and by the start of May
- Are a registered undergraduate student at U of T
- Have a cumulative average of at least a B+ or higher to apply, or must indicate in a paragraph the extreme circumstances that prevent their transcript from reflecting their true academic merit (e.g., changing majors, learning English, working full-time while in school, etc.)
- A faculty member who uses KSR for research must have agreed to supervise the student’s project
- Students MAY NOT hold the KSR USRA simultaneously with any other award (i.e. NSERC USRA, UTEA, or CGCS Award, etc.)
- International students must hold student work visas for the summer
What to Submit
Complete the online application form: https://forms.office.com/r/hkSKWvn8kh.
You will be required to login to your UTmail+ to fill out the form.
Students are responsible for their own food and living expenses. KSR requires that the student be in residence at KSR for the summer, and that a graduate student, post‐doc, or technician, who is capable of supervising the award recipient, be present on site at the start of the project, until the student is self‐sufficient. Faculty advisors are responsible for research user fees, equipment, consumables, and housing costs for the student. KSR will provide an estimate of these costs to advisors prior to awards being made and students being contacted.